Monday, June 14, 2010

T.M.I

Okay...please tell me when is it acceptable to take someone out on the first date and open up about health issues? That's what I thought...never!! Welp, leave it to me to land a date like that.

I had known this guy for awhile - super nice, but he was always kind of dorky and shy, so we never really spoke too much before. When I was home from college one summer, I saw him out one night and he was suddenly pretty darn good looking! He lost the glasses, got rid of the nerdy haircut, figured out how to dress and was suddenly much more confident. I have a thing for confident men (no, not arrogant and cocky...confident. there's a difference! men - learn it) so when he asked me out, I was definitely open to going out with him. He suggested the typical dinner and a movie since there was nothing else to do in Syracuse, NY.

First of all, "dinner" was at the mall in the food court. No, not a restaurant in the food court area, the actual food court!! I was laughing to myself because it wasn't even like we were late for the movie where we didn't have time to eat, this is just where he thought sounded good. Apparently, I looked way more laid back than I really am about where guys take me on a first date. Whatever, I got over it because after all, he did get a makeover!

As we're eating, he starts telling me about how he really tries to be healthy most of the time. No, not because he likes to stay in shape, but because he has really bad psoriasis all over his body! As he continues this amazing story, ah hem, while we were eating, he lifts up his sleeve so that I can get a real nice look. All of this totally made me want to hop in the sack with him, let me tell ya! Then he starts telling me how he treats this condition and I'm now at the very edge of my food court chair ready to make a run for it. He tells me that he's into all these natural remedies that his mom told him to use, which is a variety of teas, mixes, potions, who the hell knows what else, I kept zoning out. Next, as we are still eating, he begins to tell me about this one specific mixture that he started using, which really helped clear him up. The only bad thing about it was that "it really burned when he peed." Swear. to. GOD! Went on and on in detail about how bad it burned, so he stopped using it. I'm surprised he didn't want to show me an example.

At this point, I think I stopped speaking for the remainder of the night because I was beyond disgusted and also wondering where things took a turn towards crazy town here. Don't get me wrong, I'm just flattered that he felt comfortable enough with me to tell me these lovely details, but I could have done without it until maybe the 2nd or 3rd date...especially now that he told me it burns when he pees. I'm pretty sure they call that an STD buddy boy! Needless to say, there was no second date (shocking).

And my friends wonder why my standards are a little high!!! Der!!

4 comments:

  1. i peed a little reading this... and no. it didn't burn. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Classic. I must get more information on who this person is. And that is quite a classy date in the Cuse (there really isnt much to do there but there are actual restaurants...he could have at least took you to Uno's - LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say that after reading your blogs, if for some reason I ever become single I am never going on a date with you! Haha!! I would be so scared that I was doing something wrong, I'd be watching your expressions for clues as to when our date takes the Laine Death Plunge where I'm cast into the man-pit of the hopeless dates!

    You are so funny though, I love ur bad ass attitude = )

    Love you always, dearly and sincerely

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, um...thanks manski? i guess? i can't tell if this is a slap in the face or a compliment. haha

    ReplyDelete