Friday, June 25, 2010

BS Weekend 2010

Starting tomorrow at 7am, I will be waking up to begin my tour of bridal showers for the weekend. Yes, I have 2 in one weekend in 2 different cities.

I'll be heading to lovely Port Authority to meet up with bride #1 to catch a bus at 8:30am to Philly for my first shower of the weekend for my friend from high school, Jasmine. She's Jasmine because she is engaged to an Indian man (the ones with the dots, not feathers) and she is having a very extravagant American/Indian wedding with horses and everything later this summer. I constantly picture her wedding to be like the scene from Aladdin when he first becomes a prince and goes to the castle. Therefore, "Jasmine" seems to fit.

From Philly, my other bride friend, Sock, will be picking me up and we have to drive back to NJ. I'll be spending the night with her at her dad's house that night after we hit up her friend's birthday party. I'm the maid of honor in this wedding so this one I will be back in my normal role of getting to the restaurant early to set up before. Damn.

Okay, so I'd like to know how I'm going to make it through this weekend? I'm just about recovered from my Iceland trip; however, my good friend that moved away is back in town this weekend and a bunch of us old co-workers are going out for HH tonight and we are all RAGIN' to go. This is really going to affect my 7am wake-up. I also have a truckload of presents, favors, and my own clothes to bring with me...not really sure how that's going to happen. I've already warned Jazzy that she will be able to find me easily because I'll be the one with my head in the garbage can barfing my car bombs out. Maybe I should apologize ahead of time for puking on her gifts while I'm at it? This is painting a lovely picture for all of you, isn't it?

Sure, I could be a responsible 28yr old adult and go out for a normal happy hour and not guzzle my brains out, but what the hell kind of fun is that?? I'm tired of worrying about being in tip-top shape for stinkin' bridal showers that aren't even for me, so I say, pile on the vodka!! I'll deal with my drunk ass in the morning and pull it together like the champ that I am.

Salute!

P.S - Don't think for one minute that I didn't purposely title this post "BS Weekend 2010" for nothing.

2 comments:

  1. If you're not the one getting married, it's perfectly okay to be half asleep and stinking like day old liquor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine Says: Don't worry Laine, at least there will be mimosas or bellinis or something at the shower (think hair of the dog to nurse your hangover with) to get you through it! :) And technically, you are getting to my shower early as well before the party cause you are with me and my mom wanted me there about an hour ahead of time...HAHA SUCKER!!!

    P.S. I like my name, and the groom IS going to look like Aladdin, turbin and weird looking shoes and all! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete