Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blogging About Blogging

Well, folks, in the short time that this blog has been going on, it seems that one of my postings has already pissed off a reader. I wrote about my experience in her wedding and some of the bs that went on with her mother and sister. Honestly, I knew that when I wrote it that I would probably be ruffling some feathers, but at the same, what I wrote about happened 4 years ago and I thought it was laughable at this point. I was certainly laughing, I'm sure some of you were too. She was not.

Now, I don't mean to sound like a cold-hearted person or insensitive here because I fully understand that it's unacceptable to talk about someones family in a bad way. However, where exactly do you draw the line on that rule? Come on, you all know there's a line. If you are in a wedding and something like that happens to you, I'm thinking that's crossing it. Please tell me if you all feel differently.

Furthermore, this is my blog about my past and present stories about being a bridesmaid and going on ridiculous dates. Hence, the title...der. My intentions for this little project is definitely not to hurt or offend anyone, especially my friends. If something insane happens to me, whether or not it's a date or a being in a wedding, guess what, it's definitely going in here (something to keep in mind, fyi muahahaha). That is kind of the point in doing this, right? Or did I miss something...

The biggest reason I find this one person to be acting totally ridiculous is because she's known me for almost 10 years. HELLO?! I'm probably one of the most blunt, honest, no-bullshit, sarcastic people in the entire world, what do you expect from me?? Jeesh! I'm not saying it's always good, but things like this happen. Most of my friends realize this about me, but just in case, please don't take this stuff too seriously, kids. If you are reading these entries and are getting miffed, then you should just stop reading because I'm going to keep writing. It's all in good fun for cryin' out loud!!

P.S - If for some reason you don't want to end up in here, maybe think about not treating me like trash. Karma's a bitch.

3 comments:

  1. Karma's a bitch, and apparently so are you! Haha. But in all seriousness, you're right - it happened FOUR YEARS AGO. Get over it. And maybe instead of bitching out the blogger, she should go smack her mom (and sister) for verbally abusing her friends! Oh, and considering Cruella and her sister, the bride, are probably checking this blog every 5 minutes to see what other things might be said about them....I'd like to say "Hello!" And also..."quit whining you big babies!!"

    Sincerely,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in complete agreement with Red GET OVER YOURSELF and direct the anger to the people who did this to your best friend! I know that everybody is "busy" having and popping out kids when you live in the middle on no where but down here in the "city" (I know that's a big word for "the bride" and her mother) there is some etiquette that I guess where taught that it is NEVER ok to act that way!!
    I also think that if you are going to dish it out you better be able to take it!
    So if all three of you are reading this post attached to the best BLOG EVER...again I agree with Red and stop whining and stalking!!!!

    Best,
    Sock

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are great...thanks for the back up! :)

    ReplyDelete