Monday, July 19, 2010

Another One Bites...

This weekend, I've lost another friend, Ms. Corningstone, to this whole marriage trend that has taken over my entire group of friends. That's right, I was asked to be a bridesmaid and witness one of my last single friends get married...and I'm left in the dust again! Hence...



Now, Veronica and Ron make a great couple. I love them together and have tons of fun when the 3 of us (what up 3rd wheels!) hang out. Especially because Ron loves Star Wars and video games and has gotten Veronica on board with these things, heh heh. Also, Ron let's her travel with me and I love that.

However, I always worry that all of my married friends are going to turn into the typical married couple that I will never see again. Mainly because, it's happened to one or two of them. You all know what I'm talking about...those couples that say things like "Well, we're married now, we want to spend time together and relax." or "We're married, we can't be out that late." or "I'm married, I can't do anything without my husband." Okay, so they don't actually
say that last statement, but you know it's what they're thinking! Why does that always seem to go along with getting married? Since when does marriage = turning 90yrs old and never leaving the house?!

Then, of course, there are those couples that still want to seem like the cool couple and are in denial around their single friends about that little trap and are like "We're still really fun and do things all the time and we aren't going to have kids for awhile." Then 2 months later they are pregnant and act like it was an accident. Meanwhile, this whole time, they are spilling the truth around their married friends, and are like "Oh, we don't want to wait, we're almost 30 yrs old!" Riiiiight...you're not foolin' anyone idiots!

Come on people, if that is what being married is all about...I think I'm fine with not being on that boat. Every married person reading this is pissed at me and saying "She'll understand once she gets married." No, sluts, I won't. I'd rather punch myself in the face instead of ditching all of my friends and my alcoholism. Corningstone and I have always felt the same way about this topic, so let's hope she doesn't fall into this trap. I guess you never know!

On a serious note, Veronica and Ron's wedding was in East Providence, RI right on the water. The venue was beautiful and it was a very classy wedding. One of the nicest and easiest wedding's that I've been to/in for sure. The bride was the total opposite of a bridezilla - she was very thoughtful and appreciative of everything and everyone. There's not too many times I can say that, I'll tell ya! So, Veronica, thank you for being one of the best bride's I've ever had to deal with!! If you ever get married again, I'm totally in. Haaaaaaaa!

5 comments:

  1. Words cannot describe how much I feel your pain..

    Most married couples suck. Yay for lesbians!

    ~Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I totally agree with you and I am also getting married? I always complain about that too, that people get into relationships and stop hanging out with friends...hello, just cause you are in a relationship doesn't mean you can't keep some time for yourself to hang out with friends or do whatever you want without the other person! And while it is ok to have that other person around, its good to have some time alone with friends without them. That is why I make it a point to schedule girls nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too busy with my husband to read this blog.

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete