Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shit or Get Off The Pot

I was talking to my cousin earlier, who is also a single lady in the big city, like myself, and we were talking about our singlehood. The only difference between us is that she was always a relationship (like for real relationships...crazy, I know) kinda girl and never really "dated" while I have done nothing but date and have "semi-relationships." She's been single for awhile now and we were discussing how annoying dating is and how long it takes for something to warm up. I have to say...she could not have summed it up any better with these lines:

"I think sometimes us Italian family women have it hard because we don't really take shit and I think most girls do until a month in. A week in we're like..."listen..." and I think maybe it's intimidating.
I mean...alllllll guys ever say is that they want girls to tell them what they think and be straight forward instead of passive, but REALLY they want us to be passive and they want to complain about us."

Cuz...A-friggin-men to that! I recently experienced this trash again with a moron. This is a huuuuge story that deserves it's own book, but here it is in a nutshell...

LOVED the guy for years back in the day...we had our on moments where I thought things might finally happen and then either a bunch of stupid drama would go down or he'd just fall off earth for a couple months. We've stayed friends throughout the years and a couple months ago he started being all up in my shiz...asking when I'd be in town again, who I was dating, if I was hooking up, if he had another shot with me etc etc. This would happen almost every weekend so finally, I called him out. He told me he's been thinking about us dating a lot lately and that we make sense together, that he compares every girl he dates to me, etc etc. Basically, all the things I ever wanted to hear from him and all the things I SAID to him years ago that he disagreed with. Funny how that happens, huh?

I basically said that I'd consider it but that he had to majorly step it up considering all the crap he put me through and that he had to pretty much get me to like him again. A week goes by and I don't hear jack from him. I send him an email telling him every little thing that I expect from him and that sitting on his ass was not going to cut it. I already dealt with his crap once, so if he wanted me to consider him again, he had WORK to do.

The weekend passes by and I hear from him on Monday telling me that he doesn't think he can give me what I deserve right now. Uhhhh baking powder??? What the hell did he think that I was going to do when he brought all of this up in the first place? Drop everything in my life to run home thanking him?? Make all the effort myself while he sits on the couch? Wait around for a few more years until he grows the balls to make an effort? Sorry dude, I grew up.

Perfect example of these guys pissing and moaning that girls are soooo confusing. Meanwhile, I spell out in little kid wording what I want, and they go running. I think guys are much more confusing than I am. Not saying that I don't have my moments, but I know exactly what I want GD-it!

Cheers bitches.

7 comments:

  1. You forgot to write the list of what you expected of him, so I'm providing it here:
    1. Sex at least 6 times a week.
    2. Laine is always right.
    3. Add 3 more inches to the unit.

    Not a big list but I can see why he got nervous! Haha jk my darling = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA you made all us Italian girls proud! Go Laine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manski, you might have a point. hahahaha

    Thanks Jasmine! I mean, I basically got punked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C-Bombs XY ChromosomeDecember 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM

    So, let me get this straight; you have a series of one night stands over the years with this bozo, and when he comes back for Round 15, you tell him he basically has to buy you a ring. Oh, and add length to his schlong.
    Suddenly, you dont hear from him again.
    And your surprised.....why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. C-Bombs, let me get this straight for you...

    1. Never had a one night stand with him or had a "series" of anything over the years.
    2. When did I say he had to buy me a ring? I told him that he had to make an effort and show some interest in me. Crazy, right?
    3. Manski's list was a joke...most of it anyway, HA!
    4. Why are you making up a whole new story? Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C-Bombs XY ChromosomeDecember 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

    Love ya, Lainey! You still owe me a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I know who you are, C-Bombs XY Chromosome...your comment is pretty darn funny! LOL

    See guys? it helps to say who you are cause i totally thought C-Bombs was a different C-Bombs. LOL!

    ReplyDelete